27 June 2006

Official Declaration

I hear by declare that I will no longer be attending wedding affairs* during the year 2006 including but not limited to the following: Bridal Showers, Sealings, Receptions, Ring Ceremonies, etc.

In 2005 I participated in the weddings of 8... yes EIGHT!... very dear friends, not to mention attendance of sundry receptions of not so very dear friends. On the eve of wedding #8 I hit wedding overload and had it not been the wedding of friend and family I would have bailed on it. I went. I participated. I celebrated. And then, I staged a boycott on all weddings in 2006.

Well, I didn't live up to my boycott. 2006 year to date wedding tallies:
Showers - 5 (oh the humanity!)
Sealings - 2
Receptions - 5
Ring Ceremonies - 1

That's quite enough people! I just can't take it anymore. If the wedding doesn't involve me as the bride I will have nothing to do with it. So, if you consider yourself family and/or dear friend and will be wed in 2006 then plan on me not being there. Sorry. That's just the way the boycott rolls.

* unless gainfully employed by "As You Wish Catering"

1 comment:

Kara said...

Didn't you see that "weddings are the new awesome"? Maybe that's just in San Fran, and we're here in Vegas.