06 April 2009

LunchLadyLand

Seriously, do you know how hard it is to follow up a post like the last one? I mean, there's a lot of pressure.

Apologies for the absence. I've been away a while because thanks to webMD I'm a self diagnosed sexaddict depressed person. Seriously there's nothing more depressing than realizing that you just might have depression. It's a bitch of a downward spiral. Not to worry though. It's not that serious. I've just hit a bit of a rough patch on my life path (to nowhere... or so it seems).

You see, my career in engineering (and thus my ability to pay my bills) is a thing of the past.
My career as a lunch lady, however, is a thing of the present.

Here's the thing about being a lunch lady: It's awesome. Seriously, the kids... loves'em. I hear a lot of funny things everyday but the very best conversation happened last week between 2 third grade boys discussing soft vs crunchy taco shells.

B1: I like the soft ones.
B2: Most boys like the soft ones.
B1: Yeah, and girls like the hard ones.
Me: That's what she said!


OK... so maybe I didn't actually say that out loud but you know I wanted to.

7 comments:

nathalia said...

If I were a kid again I'd wanna walk through the lunch line over and over again to see you!

Amander said...

Sorry about the engineering career.

I'm sure you will get LOTS of joke mileage out of those kids!

Heather Bay said...

Oh my gosh! Are you seriously a lunch lady? What school???

C and C Young said...

Crap that's hilarious---the tacos, not joblessness or depression. I like to self diagnose and self medicate---cheeper than the doc. I go for st johns wort, valerian root, and melatonin...not necessarily in that order but usually all in one day...good times.

j said...

oh man- this cracks me up. the taco story, i mean. for reals?!

what the heck with the j-o-b?!

and just fyi- if you're also diagnosing as a sex addict, i'd avoid the st. john's wort as a remedy for the depression- interferes with birth control. :) and that would be seriously depressing...

Kara said...

Working with Rach? That sounds like a good interim gig along wih the photography.

I wish I could have another wedding so that you could photog the event!

the author said...

don't take this wrong, please--but I LOVE the idea of you working as a lunch lady! BRILLIANT! it's humor at it's best!!! I bet you are FABULOUS. How do I know? because you are. always.

xoxo