27 November 2009

Day 26 of Gratitude

I was going to do an awesome picture post documenting my awesome day full of awesome Thanksgiving activities. I didn't make it past this activity though:
Wow. SUPER flattering picture, n'est-ce pas?

Yep. That's me. In bed. And yes, I do sleep with my computer, books, water bottle and other sundry items. I had tentitively planned on doing some lovely things but ended up spending most of the day in bed- sleeping, lounging, internetting. I watched movies, puzzled, ate. My crowning accomplishment for the day was showering. Yay, me.

This year I didn't get to spend the day with my family (sad), cooking or eating. But I truly felt the spirit of the holiday as I was able to spend much of my lazy day reflecting upon the things for which I'm thankful. And indeed, I have much to be thankful for:

1. My knowledge of God and His plan (even though sometime I wish His plan for me aligned more with what want and not what I need).
2. My good health despite the lack of care I give to my body.
3. My supportive family, their love and friendship.
4. My dear friends who I love spending time with but who understand when I just need to have some alone time.
5. And, you, my dear blog readers, my pets, my lovelies. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to send my thoughts into cyberspace and to feel like they mean something.

Hope your Thanksgiving was full of thanks and giving.

1 comment:

nathalia said...

I have a book recommendation for you. Your use of the word "sundry" led me to think of it. Plus, I'm reading it right now and LOVING it!

_I Capture the Castle_ by Dodie Smith. Wish I would have recommended it to you pre-Thanksgiving so you could have had this book sitting with you on your bed that day!