24 October 2011

Calm amidst the Storm

Today was not a good day. In fact, today was a really horrible, no good day. Stupid things happened. Frustrating things happened. Infuriating things happened. And I felt the stress of it all. And I cursed. And I cried. And I couldn't understand why so many bad things have to happen to me all of the time.

And then I stopped. And I watched. And I remembered that, this is life. It's ok if it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. But that doesn't mean I have to be hardened. So I quit whining.

I am not alone in this. I have angels all around me. We all do. We are each others angels. And if I really look, I see miracles. I know Heavenly Father is actively participating in my life. If I pause, and look, I can see His hand in my life every single day. When I acknowledge the love and support I feel each day from my friends, my family and my Father in Heaven, in that moment I truly feel peace, even if it is amongst the storm.

you really must watch these. they are amazing.





*Many thanks to me and ma vie for the reminder

5 comments:

Salt H2O said...

I heard a statement the other day that struck with me "I don't get sad, because when I start getting sad- I stop being sad and start being AWESOME"

It reminded me that being sad doesn't change the circumstances. Every once in a while I'll catch myself wallowing in self-pity, but once the pity party is over- nothing has changed.

It's my new mantra in life. Best of luck looking up!

rychelle said...

love you!

Silvs said...

Maybe you had a crappy day, but I'm just relieved to know you're alive. You have not visited La Belle Blogspot much lately and I was fearing the worst, so that you're alive is good news to me. Even with the crappy day. Hang in there. Things will pick up.

nathalia said...

I love comments. I love you. Oh it's amazing, that despite our differences and distance that you and I, ma soeur, we need each other! Glad that these were as uplifting to you as to me. I cry every time. Hang in there!

nathalia said...

P.S. sorry you had such a horrible, horrible Monday! you deserve so much better. Hugs!