03 August 2006

Double Duty

I admit I'm somewhat of a francophile. I love everything french- the architecture, the language, the pasteries, the art... One day as I searched the internet I found the website of an american woman living with her french husband and two children in the south of France. The more I learned of her the more I realized she is living my dream life! She publishes a thrice-weekly edition of French Word-a-Day and has recently published a book entiteled "Words in a French Life."
One of the great links she had posted on her website was to Paris Daily Photo. For months this has been one of the blogs I check daily. I love this Friendly Parisians photos and commentary and the family of Daily Photo sites that have been born across this great world of ours. I always thought I'd like to start the Las Vegas Daily Photo site but a lack of photographic experience and equipment held me back... until last week.
My dear friend Wendi and I have decided that we would take over the LVDP blog from an Australian tourist who had started it just weeks before. Now we can offer a local's view of the city.
So in addition to thinking of interesting things to post here I've now got to worry about posting a photo every day... every single day. Check it out at lasvegasdailyphoto.blogspot.com!

2 comments:

Kara said...

A fine contribution to blogdom.

Kara said...

Hey, I saw a few comments from Eric of Paris Daily Photo on your LV-DP website. Were you completely stoked? :-)