17 January 2007

SNOW DAY!

Today is a SNOW DAY! But, not for me... I live in a place where the only variance in the weather is the temperature. The forecast rarely indicates anything other than clear skies. Normally I love living in a place where I don't have to scrape the ice off my windows and use my 4wheel driving skills (of which I have none).

However, today I realized that there are places in the world where if it snows a lot you don't have to go to work!! Hello! Sign me up for that! I remember when church got cancelled when I was a young lass growing up in Utah. That was pretty cool, although since it was sunday we really couldn't go out and play in the snow. So, what was the point in skipping church. But, skipping work? I could totally be ok with having to scrape the ice off my windshield 4 months out of the year if it could guarantee a couple of snow days every year.

If things go according to plans I'm pretty sure I'll be working the rest of my life to secure some financial stability (ugh) so I'm thinking I need to stock up on warm clothes and ice scrapers and relocate to the snowiest place in the lower continental states. Any suggestions? Think lots of snow people. Plus... the closer I am to snow the more I get to snowboard. woot!

However, I realize as I sit here in my office that I think this is a good idea now but I'm not sure giving up being able to wear sandals year round and not owning an ice scraper would actually be worth the one snow day a year I'd likely get. I think I'd rather just fake sick... and go shopping... in my sandals... with clear roads. Plus, I just remembered that I hate being cold. So nevermind on all that moving to a snowy place nonsense I just wrote. And turn up the heat!

PS- Guitar Hero is pretty much the greatest thing ever invented.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I was going to recommend Rexburg.

I'm sure you'd just LOVE Rexburg (about as much as oil loves water).

cropstar said...

hahaha...
snow, wind and college students.
brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... You could always move back to Logan! We get about one snow day every other year...

You are smart to dream of snow days but live in a wonderful reality of warm days and sandals. My current mental state is the opposite - dreaming of warm days and sandals and living in non-snow freezing cold days! It hasn't hit 32 for well over a week!
Amanda

cropstar said...

People who live in the snow are a lot tougher than the ones who aren't used to it... thus, I'm realizing that what I'd consider a snow day (any day with a skiff of snow that sticks to the road) would just be a regular old day to the folks who are accustomed to it.
OK... I've officially nixed this snowy climate idea.

vantastic said...

YES! GUITAR GUITAR REVOLUTION! love it.