12 December 2007

the wait is over

I apologize to all my fellow SYTYCD fans out there for taking so long to post my photos from the tour. I would love to give you a valid excuse as to why it's taken me so long but really I've just been lazy.
And just to remind you of my devotion to SYTYCD (the best show ever in the whole entire universe)- 3 of my friends and I flew... on a airplane... to a different city... where it was fareeeeezing... just so we could support our best friends (ie- the cast). We're so hard core.
Something happened to my camera a while back so I can't really see what I'm taking pictures of. I'm using the "point the camera in the general direction of the subject and hope for the best" method of photography. Mostly I got a bunch of crazy blurry photos. But, I did get a few good ones (captions above photos):

The SYTYCD posse (minus J who saw the show in CA)
I know the popular thing to do is be in love with Neil (and I am) but, I am so in love with Kameron! So, so in love.
Kameron & Lacey dancing the infamous Mia Michaels contemporary number.
OK Ladies. Here he is! NEIL!
It took me a while to figure out what this was a picture of. Can you guess? It's Neil. Doing a back flip. Very high. In the air. HELLO! This is from the disco number with Sara.
More Neil acrobatics. This time with Sabra doing the Mandy Moore contemporary to Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics.
Pasha being... Pasha. And Dominic in the background mimicking with a red handkerchief. We got pretty lucky the night we saw the show. It was the LAST stop on the tour so not only did we get to see the Top 10, we got to see the Top 14 (including the 4 alternates who subbed during the tour for those who were injured, etc) and every single number that involved said alternates. So, that meant 3 solid hours of SYTYCD magic! It was heaven. And since it was the last tour the group was a little silly and doing some hilarious stuff. They were having such a great time together!
Another example of the groups last night of the tour antics. Had this moment not been totally hilarious (like, make you cry hilarious) I would have been pretty upset that they ruined one of my fav dances. This was the Shane Sparks hip-hop piece with Sabra and Dominic. However, half way through the dance out walks Hok dressed as a full on TRANNY and steppin in on Sabras part. So, ridiculously hilarious!
And this is the part where I was kind of crying (and also, not the only time I was kind of crying during the night. I mean come on! It was magical!) This was the Mia Michaels contemporary piece with Neil and Lacey. It was so beautiful how the whole cast came out dressed in white carried the daisies for the stage. Beautiful! Also... I may or may not have audibly gasped when they eluded that Mia Michaels herself was there to explain the piece. I really, honestly thought she was going to physically be there, so I was sad (and a little embarrassed about the gasp) when I realized that they meant she'd be talking about the number via pre-recorded video. Alas, still moving.
This one is especially for the ladies again- can you see Neil's abs?? Yeah?? Yeah?? Oh yeah!
The whole cast at the end of the show. So, my tour observations were thus: Danny- not as annoying as he used to be. I could actually tolerate him. Lauren- still totally hate her (and I mean hate with fiery indignation). Jaime- psycho and totally annoying. Seriously. Everyone else- LOVE!! The group numbers were so much better live than they were on the show! It was such a fantastic night. There were only one or two dances that I wish they would have done (including the sara/pasha suspender dance). I was so happy that they did all my favorites. SO HAPPY!
Sometimes I forget that I'm not Grace Kelly. I think the silliness of the sytycd cast wore off on my because this happened during intermission:
And don't worry that I totally bought a tour t-shirt and I totally wore it to the Angels & Airwaves / Against Me / VHS or BETA concert that I went to last night. Not even a tiny bit ashamed. (Also, don't worry that I came home and made a bitchin' spreadsheet detailing every episode of sytycd- the songs, performers, styles and choreographers... nope, not obsessed at all...)
I'm not kidding when I say you should be jealous of me. Be very, very jealous, people!

5 comments:

Raphael said...

Ain't this something for Teens? ;)

chloe said...

Very, very, very jealous!

melissa said...

Oh, don't worry. I am jealous...but also grateful that you sent me the beloved spreadsheet. That's what friends are for! (I was singing that last part for you) :)

chelle. said...

i can't even explain to you in words how jealous i am that you got to go to this. seriously, i might hate you a little and i don't even know you. hahaha. jk.
but seriously.

and just so you know, it's not snowy here, so enjoy the warmth.

Anonymous said...

i am so stinkin' jealous!!! i heart neil!!!!! that must've been amazing!

-sarah