08 May 2008

health nut

T minus ONE WEEK! until I'm on that plane. Can't wait. Can't concentrate on anything else.

In order to make this trip even more incredible that it already will be I will need to be in peak physical form! So my goals for the next seven days include:
  • no soda. NONE! (I'm saving up for euro sodas woot!)
  • no fast food
  • drink absurd amounts of H2O
  • exercise everyday
  • run 15 miles min
  • get 7+ hours of sleep per night
  • meticulously count points
  • take a multivitamin everyday (or at least think about it)
Speaking of multivitamins... Do I really need one? For some (unwarranted) reason I'm skeptical. What do you think? Do you take one? What kind?

Also... exercising on vacation. I should be seriously training for Wasatch Back during these next few weeks but I'LL BE ON VACATION!! Do I really want to wake up early every day to go running? Do I want to pack my exercise clothes? I should but have I mentioned that I'LL BE ON VACATION! Doesn't that imply vacation from exercise as well? This is quite the conundrum for me.

5 comments:

brandi (and tim) said...

Take your vitamins! The kind I take are One-A-Day for women multivitamin, I also take one B-50 complex, and 2 fish oil capsules - EVERYDAY.

Have fun on your trip!

~b

nathalia said...

I take my vitamin everyday (except the days I really forget). Marc takes them only once he's sick - which I think it ridiculous.

And lest you forget the meaning of vacation... that means a BREAK from things like exercise! Unless work all of the sudden means vegging in a bathing suit. Conundrum? I think NOT.

Anonymous said...

If you don't run on your vaca., you might miss out on some BEAUTIFUL roadside scenery that you wouldn't see otherwise. Just a thought.

J.B. said...

Dude I say this is an awesome opportunity to exercise. Not only do you need to keep training for the Wasatch Back, but how effing rad would it be to run the streets of Paris, etc and photodocument your run to post on the blog? Keep it going, girlfriend. If you don't it's gonna be real rough getting back into the swing upon your return. If you want, I can come with you for motivation.

Mer Swift said...

I think going on runs in Europe sounds so fun! Just do it a couple times a week and you should be good. You don't need to get up that early. Tifani can sleep in. Isn't that who you are going with? And on multi-vitamins...I don't really take any. I just make sure to eat healthy. Something more might be needed, but I don't think it's that big a deal as long as you are making sure to vary your diet a lot.