24 February 2009

31 FOR 31

I'm almost 2 months late posting this so I'd better get on it. I hereby present you my list of 31 things I will do at the age of 31 (seriously, I can't believe I'm now "in my thirties").
  1. go to the Grand Canyon
  2. ride a horse*
  3. take photos in a photobooth*
  4. read the Book of Mormon in french*
  5. read 20 books
  6. run 500 miles
  7. run a marathon
  8. photograph an entire wedding
  9. go geocaching outside of Las Vegas
  10. buy art
  11. frame my own photography
  12. ride my bike to church
  13. go to DC
  14. pay off credit cards
  15. take swimming lessons
  16. go skinny dipping*
  17. go to an amusement park
  18. find a (photography) mentor
  19. research organic foods
  20. have a spa day*
  21. go to a demolition derby
  22. attend First Friday
  23. share a Book of Mormon with someone
  24. read the entire Harry Potter series again
  25. go hiking in the Valley of Fire
  26. make a quilt
  27. play the piano in Sacrament Mtg (special musical number)
  28. donate money to a worthy cause
  29. compile a book (a la David Sedaris)
  30. lose 31lbs
  31. get married* (I'll just keep this one on the list for good measure until it finally happens)
Who wants in on what??

*denotes unaccomplished repeats from 30 for 30

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't think you need to lose 25 pounds but it would be cool if you lost 31 for your 31 years.

chelle. said...

i agree...i'm kind of freaking out that i'm going to 32 this year. good luck with your 31!

cropstar said...

Good call Amanda. I'm revising the list. 31lbs it is! May as well aim high right??

The Black Widow said...

I'm in! All of it! (Except for all those running things, and the french thing, and pretty much all the ones that don't sound fun.)

j said...

seriously- what a great idea. again. and wait- WHEN is your birthday? do we have the same one? i'm beginning to wonder...

ahhh- how i want in on the marathon. i don't know if that's happening this year or not, though-hopefully next summer...which makes it 32, not 31. and wish i knew french.

does researching vegan stuff count on your organic food quest? that's a goal of mine perpetually. one of my blogger friends has a great blog with vegan/vegetarian recipes and a lot of organic info sometimes: www.dinnersready.blogspot.com

Always Summer said...

I love how you do your annual dreams on your birthday. I think this is way better than Jan 1st where I make all the goals I never keep. Fun to read and totally inspiring!!