07 September 2007

Bright Eyes

The other day, after assuring me that he was emotionally available, my friend Alex said, "Christy whenever I think of you I start singing this monster eighties jam... Turn around bright eyes every now again you gotta turn around..." (I'm not sure if that should make me laugh or cry...) So for the last 4 days (FOUR DAYS!) I've had 'Total Eclipse of the Heart" stuck in my head. And I hate 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'. I figured the only way to get it out of my head was to listen to the whole song in it's entirety (why is that song so long??) and be done with it. So this morning I searched for it and found it on "Mullets Rock! Too! Mullets in Love". Umm...

My excellent logic led me to believe that if there was a CD called "Mullets Rock! Too!" then there had to be a plain old "Mullets Rock!" CD as well. Oh how right I was. So...
Not only does THIS exist,

it was so good that

THIS exists as well.

I'm glad to see that mullet dude was finally able to get some chicks.

5 comments:

TUG said...

I think that there are a lot of bands (ie Boston) that would be really sad to know that they are considered White Trash.

Sad Sad Sad.

Erinn said...

oh christy!! i know that this is a sad moment but those albums make me giggle so much!!!! here is a pic of my nephew tommy, when he decided to put on my sisters friends mullet wig... i hope it makes you smile!!

--well the code wouldnt post so i deleted my attempts.. ill email it to you :)

melissa said...

Love love love the album covers, I must admit. But hey!- Missy and Patrick sing Total Eclipse of the Heart together every time we do karaoke and it is beautiful. We're kind of partial to the song. I think if you saw their amazing performance you might change your mind. Budinger joined Missy once in Patrick's absense and it was also quite enjoyable. Just give it a chance!

cropstar said...

oh I've totally seen the missy/pat rendition and frankly it's the only thing that makes this song bearable.
btw... one week later and it's still stuck in my head.

f*bomb. said...

I saw that song performed via kareoke and choreographed dance moves and it. was. AWESOME!!! I believe sign language might have been involved. The effect was intoxicating.