29 August 2008

Speaking of Glenn Beck and Mormons

I was so excited the other day when I found Glenn Beck's syndicated radio show on the radio (because that's where you find radio shows). It used to not be carried here in Vegas (good english, huh?).

Have I ever told you how much I love Glenn? Love him. And it's not just because he's a Mo.

There are lots of Mormons I like. But, you being a Mormon does not mean I automatically like you. Believe me, there are plenty of Mormons I hate.

OK, let me just be honest here. I didn't write this blog post solely to tell you about how much I love/hate Mormons. I am writing it to tell you how much I loathe Stephanie Meyer and those damn vampire books. Yes, I read them. OK, yes, maybe I got sucked into the first 3 books. They were alright. However, I hated Breaking Dawn with fiery indignation. This honestly was the most poorly written book I have ever read. Horrible. I literally feel dumber for having read it.

I was determined to hate the book before I even started it and I was not disappointed. The story line was fine, whatever. But, the writing was awful! Inconsistent. Repetitive. Annoying. Need I go on? Yes... yes, I do. I was ready to shove pencils in my eyes so I wouldn't have to read anymore about how beautiful Edward is and how much vamp sex they had. Good hell!

And can I just make one more point? If Edward is a vamp with no blood, who doesn't need to breathe and eat and sleep and blah, blah, blah... then how does he have man fluid to MAKE A BABY?!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have never listened to Glenn Beck in my life. I started watching him last night, but frankly, was bored. What is his political leaning? He seems to have quite a Mormon cult following. Kind of like your friend, Stephanie.

I've had to stop commenting on Twilight lover's blogs, because I was ranting, and then I realized that was mean. So now I just say that they aren't my thing.

But I'm right with you. I read the first 2, and lost ALL interest, and read summaries of the last 2. I thought the plot for Breaking Dawn was a joke, it was so ridiculous.

Not a fan, but I especially hate the complete Twilight culture and craziness that surrounds it.

My little pic is very tongue in cheek.

cropstar said...

Here's what I like about Glenn- He doesn't strongly lead one way or the other. He's conservative for sure but I love that he never says that by definition Republican=Good, Democrat=Bad. He calls it as it is whether that be taking Republicans OR Democrats to task. I just think he's right on with most issues. Plus, he's just funny.

And OK yes... the fact that he's Mormon does make me like him better. Call it a point of common interest.

Reagan said...

I am with you on the vampire books. I got sucked into all the fuss....only to be completely disappointed. I love the concept, but are you kidding me?! The writing was ridiculous. I was not satisfied in any way.