05 May 2009

DO(n't qu)IT

Lately, this idea of giving up plagues my mind.

I mean, really.
What's so bad about giving up?

If you give it your best, if you give it your all, if you give it the old college try, when is it ok to say "I give up"?

Is it wrong to abandon hope?
Is it so wrong to forsake goals you've been unable to achieve?
Is it wrong to want to end the heartbreak of unfulfilled dreams?
When can you say, "enough is enough"?

Maybe I don't really want a "real" job again.
Maybe being single for life isn't so bad.
Maybe I can be fat and happy.

I throw my arms in the air and exclaim "I give!"

But, then. There it is. That little voice in my head that says silly things like, "Just hang on", "Someday soon", "You can do this", "This won't last forever", "You will be loved", "Anything is possible".

And the crazy thing about it all is that little voice speaks louder than any other and I'm foolish enough to listen to her.

7 comments:

nathalia said...

I love you.

Mer Swift said...

Christy, that was great. I liked it. A LOT.

the author said...

Goose bumps.

Amander said...

Eh, not quitting is overrated. I say give up :)

Amanda said...

reminds me of Journey... "don't stop believing... hold on to that feeling..." of course with the original Steve Perry singing, not the new singer.

Unknown said...

i'm with you 100%

Megann said...

I love, love, LOVE this! Thank you for putting into words the thing that runs through the minds of almost everyone, in every aspect of their life, and in every transitional period they find themselves in. Fabulous!