23 April 2008

so what if i'm a mashochist

On the heels of the SLC 1/2 marathon I'm looking forward to what comes next. To be quite honest with you, even though I'm very happy that I DID the 1/2 (without training), I'm not satisfied with my time AT ALL. I want to finish a 1/2 in 2:30. That's my goal. So I'm kicking the training into gear starting TONGIHT. My time is just bugging me and I HAVE to have a good race so I can feel better about life. So what's on the agenda? I'm still looking for a good 1/2 to do in may then another in july or august. But in the mean time here's what's definitely on my plate:

May 3rd- The Susan G Komen 5k. No problem. This will be a fun race I'll be doing with a bunch of my Relief Society girls. I'm not going to worry too much about my time since these races are usually too crowded to run at pace for the first mile.

June 20-21- The Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. I put together a team. You can check out our blog. I'm so excited for this race. It's going to be killer (in pain and fun). My only worry is not doing the race right. I'm not talking about the running part. I'm talking about the everything else part. Anyone done it that has advice? Also, we need 2 more guys and some alternates if anyone is interested.

July 4- The Provo Freedom Run 10k. This is where the madness all began last year. The race that got me addicted to running. Can't wait to do it again. It's just a fun one. And cheap! $15 for a 10k!

October 4- The St George Marathon. I've registered for the lotto. We'll see what happens. Thinking about running 26.2 miles in one go makes my entire soul hurt but I have to do it. I HAVE TO DO IT ONCE IN MY LIFE AND IT HAS TO BE THIS YEAR! I just have it in my head that this is the year to do it. So I'm going with it.

December 7- The Las Vegas Marathon. Regardless of whether or not I do St George I'm doing Las Vegas as well. It'll be pretty cool to run this race in my own city. I blame Chloe for my committment to this race. Her enthusiasm (masochism?) has rubbed off on me.

8 comments:

jularun7 said...

yeeeeeeah cropstar!! that sounds like a fantastic plan. :) i didn't get my time in at the sl half either, i'm trying again in two weeks!! yay for masochists!! count me in on that club.

Anne said...

What a great schedule! I don't have anything on my calendar besides WB and Marine Corp. Maybe I need to change that!

-A fellow masochist

chloe said...

I'm kind of sorry?

And I'm totally doing the Freedom Run again, except this year I'm only doing the 5k because the whole fam is doing it with me...yay for converting people to races! But I feel the same way about my Nutcracker race, the one that started it all. One reason to be glad I'm staying in Utah two more years.

f*bomb. said...

You should do the Del Mar race-
it's 5K and ends with a gamut of sampler foods from Newports best restaraunts. I'm not into running for a cause or for health, but give me a burrito, pizza and mini-kiesh for breakfast and I will hustle you somethin' FIERCE.

Erinn said...

Dont forget the Triathlon next APRIL!! YEA!! :D

Your fricken crazy! Gimmie some of your 'lovin of the runnin' because I cant seem to do it!

Heather said...

We're signed up for the St. George lotto, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It's a great race!

Marleen said...

Good for you. You must have some hot bod to be putting out this much energy. That is inspiring.

kellz said...

Hey! Btw...I need to pay you!! Anne gave me your address but I don't remember what the cost is and I probably need your address again. Also, if I can get it to you sooner by pay pal then I will! Just send me the info asap! Thanks!