17 December 2008

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.

The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
I have so much I want to say on this subject right now but I think it's best left unsaid (by me at least). I so loved this thought from Kristin Armtrong's blog which reminded me that no matter my troubles I am well served by being grateful.

Let's let Thanksgiving serve as a reminder, not an exception. What if gratitude could become our default? There is nothing as potent as gratitude when it comes to quelling a longing, calming restlessness, quieting anxious thoughts, filling emptiness, overcoming doubt or celebrating abundance. It is a force we can tap into at will, one with the ability to change out perspectives and fuel our potential. When our starting point is gratitude we have already won before we begin.
-Kristin Armstrong 11/29/08
I kind of glazed past the month of November without really reflecting on all the things I'm thankful for. I feel it's better late than never for giving thanks. My current top 10 thankfultudes:
  1. Jesus and the Book of Mormon.
  2. The space heater in my office and any heater for that matter.
  3. My Morty boys and their mom and M1's and my new blog.
  4. Date Night Tuesdays and Singstar Saturdays (which occur anyday of the week, not just saturday).
  5. Having any work to do at work and getting a paycheck no matter how small. A boss who doesn't care what time I come to work. Not having a Christmas Party this year because the company is too poor.
  6. My new ward. How kind and welcoming everyone has been. Not feeling like a fish out of water as a single amongst the families.
  7. Fiji water and cheap gas feuling my road trips to/from Utah.
  8. Support and encouragement in going forth in a new career field even though I feel completely inadequate and scared (albeit excited).
  9. The public library.
  10. Music that expresses my emotions better than I ever could.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Amen about the space heater and low gas prices!

C and C Young said...

Love the Fiji...feel like a rock star when drinking it. What new career path--girl it better be something creative/crazy.

cropstar said...

Cassi - it might have something to do with this .

Silvs said...

I had to let you know...but I was interested in Singstar because of all the press you had given it, and then my friend got it for me for Christmas. And now I have Amped, 80s, and 90s, and it might be the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Kara said...

Tell me more about this new career field. I'm guessing photography, because you loved (and rocked) your photography class.

Kara said...

. . . and also because you already responded to that question from Cassi. (Just saw that!)