31 December 2008

Recession Schmecession

There's a recession going on. Did ya know?

Seems that every time you turn on the television there are endless reports of economic doom and gloom. Frankly I think the media is doing more to harm the economy than anything economic. But I digress...

If you're one who has not felt the effects of the economic downturn then I implore you to be grateful. Get down on your knees and thank the good Lord. I for one have felt it. Intensely. I still have a job, yes. But my once booming employment is merely a shadow of what it was just a few years ago when we were turning away work we couldn't handle. Now we are chomping at the bit for any scrap of work that falls our way. For the past few months I've been billing about half of what I'm used to, becoming something of a part time employee with a lot of lovely (unpaid) days off simply for the lack of work. And while I immensely enjoy not working, I enjoy money (ie. the ability to pay my bills) even more. And for a gal with a mortgage, car payment, credit card bills, etc this economic downturn has daily forced me to my knees pleading for the Lord to work His mighty miracles in behalf of my coworkers and myself.

Confession. I love Joel Osteen. Love 'im. He spoke of God's power and I completely agree with him about what can happen when we put our faith in the Almighty.

God is ready to present you with new opportunities. He wants to open new doors before you. It doesn’t matter what’s happening in the world around you, in the economy, the housing industry, or with job reports; God’s Word still remains true. He rewards the people who seek after Him. He’s not the least bit concerned about how He’s going to supply your needs. There is no recession in heaven. He has His eye on you, and He still opens doors that no one can shut! In an instant, He can bring the right people into your life, the right opportunities, and the right resources to take you to a new level.
But in order to go to a higher level, you have to have a higher way of thinking. You can’t stay focused on what’s happening in the natural nor allow worry and fear to fill your thoughts. Remember, God’s ways are higher than our ways. He is working on our behalf behind the scenes in the supernatural realm. Choose to keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. As you do, you’ll move forward through the open doors of blessing God has prepared for you.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I hope everything works out for you Christy!

Amander said...

Sorry to hear about your job...it's definitely an interesting time to be dealing with work.

Hope it works out for you.

C and C Young said...

I definitely agree that the media is adding to the problem. Hard times have hit Vegas so hard. When we were there for Christmas almost all of my favorite places were out of business...it was sad. I hope everything works out for you!!!

Amanda said...

Wow. Inspiring! Great thoughts to keep me going, too!

I wish ABQ weren't so far away... I would totally have you shoot me and my family to death.

k8 said...

oh my goodness, this is like the best quote ever. "there is no recession in heaven"-how great is that?

i'll keep you in my prayers my dear, we all need some miracles these days don't we?