17 December 2008

You can call me Shelby Rae

Did I tell you about the time when I went to NFR last week and when the Rodeo Queens rode out I clapped my hands like a little girl and squealed "Oh! They're so pretty!" outloud? It's the honest to goodness truth.



I love everything about rodeo.
I love it so much that I want nothing more in life than to be a Rodeo Queen. I still have to work on my collection of sparkly shirts, beltbuckles & chaps and making my hair really big. Oh, and I need a horse. But, when those things come together I will be ready because ya see... any great rodeo queen needs a great cowgirl name and a cowboy husband and little cowbabies and a cowhorse... well, just a horse. And I got that all figured out.

So... when I become a rodeo queen my name will be Shelby Rae McCann. My cowboy husband will be named Brooks (oh, and he'll be a steer wrestler) and our little cowbabyboys will be named Colt and Beau*. And my horse will be named Oakley.

The scary part about this is... I'm actually serious.

Oh and at NFR we were really close to cutie little bullrider BJ Schumacher. See?

*In reality I really do want to name my future sons Colt and Beau. See how I have trouble distinguishing between reality and non-reality?

5 comments:

Amander said...

Hypotheical rodeo children are just as real as regular hypothecial children. Name them whatever you want!

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

I'm totally calling you Shelby Rae from now on. Question! What is your stage name for SingStar Karaoke?

The Black Widow said...

Shelby Rae inspires me to want to ride horses, and wear chaps.

Anonymous said...

When you become shelby rae can I be you twin cowgirl sister Darla Mae? I'll bring along my husband Ford, my baby girl Mare, my other daughter Corral, ma' two boys Hoof & Mouth -- I mean Justin and Frye. I'll run a Indian Fry Bread booth at the rodeos, cause I'm rill good with deep fat frying and a little scairt a harses.

Best part is I won't have to straighten my hair any more, I can just wear it all frizzy air-dried -- dry and frizzy being the optimal words there. I guess I'll also have to stop using deep thinkun' talk like "optimal wurdz."

See ya down to the Boot Barn rill soon!

Love,
Darla Mae Cropper (Los Angeles, CA) -- As the first part of the transition, I think I'll have to move to Palmdale or Lancaster...

C and C Young said...

I'm jealous you got to go--but am SO happy I don't have to worry about parking----it is a nightmare at UNLV during NFR time. Also, will you quit sinning already??? I don't want to drive in the snow when we are in Vegas for Christmas. Seriously--I need a friggin break.