05 January 2010

31 for 31: recap

What a craptastic year. I'm not kidding. This was undoubtedly the most challenging, stressful, exhausting, frustrating, dissappointing year I have ever had. I'm almost embarassed to do my recap this year because the majority of my goals were forsaken in lieu of work, work and more work. Alas, it must be done. Here goes:

31 for 31
  • go to the Grand Canyon - Fail.
  • ride a horse - Fail.
  • take photos in a photobooth - Check!
  • read the Book of Mormon in french - Fail. I didn't even read it in english.
  • read 20 books - Check! I loved this.
  • run 500 miles - Fail. It was more like 5 miles.
  • run a marathon - Fail. I signed up and didn't follow through. Again.
  • photograph an entire wedding - Check. I love my job.
  • go geocaching outside of Las Vegas - Fail.
  • buy art - Fail.
  • frame my own photography - Fail.
  • ride my bike to church - Fail. First it was too cold, then it was too hot and now it's too cold again.
  • go to DC - Fail.
  • pay off credit cards - Fail.
  • take swimming lessons - Fail.
  • go skinny dipping - Fail.
  • go to an amusement park - Fail.
  • find a (photography) mentor - Fail.
  • research organic foods - Check. Organic food = overrated. Organic milk = yes, please.
  • have a spa day - Check! And it was lovely.
  • go to a demolition derby - Fail.
  • attend First Friday - Check.
  • share a Book of Mormon with someone - Fail.
  • read the entire Harry Potter series again - Check. Kind of. I'm still have half of book 7 to finish.
  • go hiking in the Valley of Fire - Fail.
  • make a quilt - Fail.
  • play the piano in Sacrament Mtg (special musical number) - Check. Blew the roof offa dat house.
  • donate money to a worthy cause - Fail.
  • compile a book (a la David Sedaris) - Fail. But at least I came up with a new book idea that is genius. Genius! It's half written in my head.
  • lose 31lbs - Fail.
  • get married - Fail. I'm over trying to accomplish this one.

Hmm... that was even more depressing than I thought it would be. Oh well. That year is over with. On to the next! Huzzah!

7 comments:

Salt H2O said...

That's a lot of goals. A lot.

That's why I only have 2 goals-because when I fail, I only failed 2!

ellen said...

I like your list even if you didn't get all of them done. :)

I am working on a list of 50 for this year and I've got about 45 so far.

The Black Widow said...

2010 will be the best year ever! We can only go up from here!

Amander said...

I make goals like "eventually move out of my parents' house" and "hang out with my friends more."

I don't feel like such a failure because they are easy to accomplish.

Amanda said...

Maybe you should have titled the post: 31 for 31: reCRAP

Hahahahahahaha

You set big goals. I guess that is good - cause if you are going to do it, do it all the way, right?

I say this year add a few simpler ones in there, hopefully stuff you already do: Clean bathroom 2 times. Pay mortgage payment every month, nap more. Or maybe stretch a little and do stuff like: hang up clothes after washing (or wearing) for one week straight, recycle junk mail instead of throwing it away, etc.

Love ya!!!!!

rychelle said...

how about this year you BECOME a photography mentor. to me!

mel said...

will you be making another list for this year?
this is the first year i've ever made a goal list, and i purposely made it somewhat easy... i know me.
this is my first visit here, need to go check out some of your photos :)
cheers!