29 April 2010

Stream of Consciousness: BOLD!

I was inspired my Marta's latest post about stream of consciousness writing.

I kind of can’t believe I did it. I also can’t stop with this boldness. It’s the new me!

I met a cute boy last weekend. I couldn’t stop looking at him, watching him in my peripheral. I even snuck (though it didn’t look too sneaky) a photo of him. Later that night I facebook stalked him (friend of a friend of a friend, you know). Yes, I’m a stalker, and a damn good one at that. I didn’t want that day’s meeting to be the last contact. After 3 days of deliberating and building up courage I decided to send him a message via facebook. I didn’t bother mentioning how I found him. He’s a guy. He probably won’t even wonder.

Once I made the decision to be uncharacteristically and ridiculously bold I acted. In fact I didn’t even spend time thinking about it because I knew I could talk myself out of it. I just did it. Bold and brazen. I emailed him, told him I’m up for getting together and left the rest to fate. We’ll see what fate does with it.

It felt good to be bold. So good in fact that I decided to be bold with 4 other boys- one I recently went on one date with, one I’d like to go on a date with, one from the past and one with whom I’ve never managed to get out of the ‘friendzone’.

I made a decision about an hour before I sent that first email. I am going to go after what I want. I’m going to make things happen in my life. When you look at all the really lucky people in the world there is one common trait. These are people who are not afraid to be bold and take risks. The risks don’t always pay off but sometimes they do. And those are great pay offs.

Of course, there is the likelihood that I’ll be rejected by some or all of these boys. And that’s ok because at least I’ll know. And once I know I’ll be able to close the door of wondering and move on, move forward.

How will YOU be uncharacteristically and ridiculously bold?

And just for funzies, here's a picture of my friends that i happen to fancy (the picture, not the friends, you know).

4 comments:

nathalia said...

Oh la! COURAGE!!!! I LOVE it! It's sassy. It's real. (And it worked for me!) Good for you!!!

Anne said...

Damn Christy, you rock!! I could never do that! Looks like you don't need my help, you're doing just fine on your own. :)

Salt H2O said...

My mom use to tell me you can either sit and wait for a guy to choose you or you can do the choosing.

Like nathalia- bold worked for me as well so go go go go!

rychelle said...

i love it!

i definately need to practice boldness in my life.