07 February 2007


Let it be known, I will abandon all responsibilty for free tickets. Especially free tickets to a show I've been wanting to see since I moved back to Vegas. Free is the only way to go.
El Dub hooked me up once again and this time with 4 tickets to see "Mamma Mia!" I brought along 3 of my best gf's and we sang along and danced our way through the show... and I only almost fell asleep once.
It was pretty entertaining and I was impressed at how the writers of the show were able to create an entire storyline out of all those ABBA songs. So, that's what I did yesterday.
PS- about last weekend. In retrospect it was really great. Really great. I got to sleep in, enjoy the 80+ degree weather and spend time with people I love. Saturday I made dinner for the boy and my sis then the boy and I went dancing. I always thought I was a decent dancer until I saw him dance. Now, I'm like... I suck at dancing. But, that will only encourage me to go more!
Saturday the sis and I went on a nice long walk then to brunch, which was really good. Then I drove down to Huntington Beach to spend time with the H's. I've known J since elementary school and BHill has been one of my best friends since high school. And I'm now best friends with their daughter. We hung out at their place then went for a drive to see the Newport Beach Temple. Beautiful! Spending time with them was exactly what I needed and I'm excited to go back and spend more time with them. The best thing I've heard in a long time is that sunday morning baby girl woke up looking for me! Aww!
Sunday I went to ALL 3 hours of church with the sis. That's a rarity for me when I'm outta town. I figure if I have to go to church for 6 hours every week while I'm at home then I get a vacation from church when I'm on vacation. I realize it's not the wisest reasoning... but, whatever. After church we drove out to Redlands and saw the Temple there and the surrounding orchards. Beautiful. Then just for curiousity sake we drove out to Palm Springs. Granted we were there during the SuperBowl but it seems the only people in Palm Springs were middle age, trashy folk and gay guys. Umm... ok.
Anyway, I had to hit the road to get back to Vegas right after we returned so it was a lot of time in the car but it was all worth it. I felt pretty numb my whole drive back with actually felt kind of nice.
In any case, trips to LA are always good.
pps- Baby Canon was borned this week. So, looks like I'll be making a trip to Utah for President's Day weekend because I want to see him! and the boys of course.
ppps- I'm in love with Joe Nichols. The two songs for the week are "Size Matters" and "The Impossible" Check them out.

No comments: