19 October 2007

Ews and Ahs

What I have to tell you makes me a) very proud, b) only slightly disguted and c) amazed that I don't feel more disgusted.

Let's talk about my hair. Yes, I have amazing hair but not for the obvious reasons (although it is also amazing for the obvious reasons. And yes, I realize saying that makes me sound very vain. But, I am vain. So it kinda works out.)

It's not uncommon for me to not wash my hair for 3-4 days after I've straightened it. Anyone with curly hair knows EXACTLY why this is an absolute necessity. First of all, straightening my hair is a pain and takes forever but I LOVE my hair when it's straight, so it's totally worth it. Secondly, 3rd or 4th day hair is always the best. Kind of like how brownies are always better the 2nd day... but I digress.

OK, here's the part where I'm amazed and slightly disgusted. I washed my hair on wednesday but went curly instead of straight. Curly hair usually only has 2 day limit MAX. But, I threw my hair up in a messy bun on wednesday evening AND HAVE NOT TOUCHED IT SINCE. I'm not kidding. I haven't done a thing to it. And the amazing part? It looks amazing. STILL. Last night I told Walker Texas Ranger Jr that I didn't do my hair that morning and she said I should try for one more day. And I did. Just kind of so I could say I did.

So, let's review. I ran 3 miles (and HEY! It wasn't hard and I didn't stop! 11 minute miles baby!), slept on it, showered (I really wish I could say more than once but I woke up really late this morning. Don't judge me), lived a day with it, slept on it again and my hair still looks like I meant for it to look like this! I'm amazing. And disgusting.

And yes I do plan on washing my hair tonight... or tomorrow... or sunday. Whenev.

And one more treat for your weekend- the best phrase I ever saw on my Facebook Wall: I'm kidding and also VERY serious.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow. Fabulous hair AND sexy red shoes. 11 minute mile. Can you life get any better?

brandi (and tim) said...

What, no picture of this fabulous hair??

~b

Erinn said...

I had a friend that went to France for vacation and had to under go emergency appendectomy and in France they keep you in the hospital much longer than in the 'wam bam thank you ma'am' U.S. so it had been a week and she wanted to take a shower, the nurses complained about how obsessed Americans are with cleanliness.

haha! So there you go, in France you would fit in great! If they were complaining about a week, who knows how long they go?

Plus I hear its better for your hair to sit in its natural oils... I have a curly haired friend who only washes her hair once to twice a week because it is such a pain...

Anyway I think I gave you enough excuses not to feel disgusted!! lol.. <3

melissa said...

I can't believe I have missed so many posts, and I have to admit right here and now....I didn't wash my hair for 2 weeks in Europe. Yup, the whole trip. I totally feel you on the straightening thing and I usually go about 5 days if I straighten, but I must say that the 2 weeks was my longest. I know, judge me if you will, but it was curly, I did rinse it w/ water every 3 or so days, and it honestly was not greasy. God bless a good head of hair! Actually, God bless curly hair and it's diversity!