23 October 2007

Tuesday is the new Sunday

Maybe when I said that I would write a post every SUNDAY about seeing the Lord's hand in my life I meant that I would write every TUESDAY. I have problems. But anyway...
I'm not too proud to admit that I'm one of those single girls who wishes she was married with children. Bring it on. I know one day I'll be living the dream but in the interim I have to get my kid-hunger fix even if it means sacrificing a bit of my social life. So saturday night I volunteered to babysit Baver, 12mo (seriously, I've never seen a kid who drools more that him). I really like this kid so I was excited to spend a night with him. PT couldn't understand why I'd rather spend a weekend night with Baver than go out with my friends. Well, to be honest, my social life isn't that exciting.
Anyway... let's get to the point. Like all babies do, Baver had a breakdown when his mom walked out the door. I tried to distract him with the monkey toy that he seemed to love 5 minutes earlier but that didn't work so I took him to the piano, set him on my lap and started to play. I thought he might play along with me but instead he stopped crying, listened and watched, then fell asleep in my arms as I was playing. Maybe one of the most precious moments of my entire life! I just wanted to hit pause and stay in that moment for as long as I could.
It was one of those perfect moments where I held perfection and innocence in my arms. It was God's whispering reminder that this is what I'm preparing for. If I use this time wisely everything I do between now and motherhood could and should better equip me to love, protect and teach the spirits God will entrust to my care (not only the children but the husband as well).
It is no wonder the Lord counsels us to "becometh as a child". At that moment I could feel how pure and guiless Baver is. He put his trust in me to care for him and make everything safe and good for the time we were together. Likewise, all I have to do is put my trust in my Heavenly Father that he will make everything ok and just as it should be in my life. So, why do I have such a hard time believing that is true sometimes?

6 comments:

TUG said...

What a great experience!

World Series Preview at my site.

melissa said...

Don't worry Christy, I'm one of those girls too, and I'm not even ashamed! It's like we've been talking about lately, I KNOW that everything is going to work out, but sometimes I have a hard time accepting and believing it. Don't worry, I'm not going to run off and get married anytime soon, so we can have pathetic social lives together! Oh, and I have to admit that I often choose babysitting little ones over hanging out. Oh well!

Vanessa said...

Yea! You blog! I stalked you on the Rick's blog- they're in my ward. Love your blog and love your post. It's so true about being as a child. Email me so I can send you an invite to my blog. Oh, thanks for calling me back! :) baldwinvanessa@hotmail.com

Amanda said...

and to think that you are all the way in Vegas. I could really use a babysitter... :)

Erinn said...

That was a precious story!!

TUG said...

So what are you doing to reach your goals?

You've been tagged!
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.