07 October 2007

Healing Waters

Conference was amazing, as always. I was able to attend the saturday afternoon session and feel the amazing spirit that fills the Conference Center. I love that place.

I had a lot of time to ponder on my drive to and fro Utah. What occurred to me is that I need to be more grateful for the blessings of the Gospel in my life. So, every sunday I'll post something about how I've seen the hand of the Lord in my life that week.

There is so much I could share this week as I've decided to rededicate myself to daily scripture study, nightly prayers on my knees, more faithful service in my calling, etc. But, all that I will say tonight is that I know that Christ can heal me. He can heal my broken heart and comfort me. He can heal me from the effects of sin and help me to change to become more like Him.

I love this song and it pretty much describes how I'm feeling right now:

Healing Waters by Michelle Tumes
I've built a bridge
All of my strength cannot cross over
I stand at the edge
The end of a road that I have followed
Sinking from the weight of my own world
Wanting the waves of Your ways to wash my feet

Healing Waters
Solace flows
Through the river of forgiveness to my soul
Oh, I need You
Healing Waters

Pour over me
Water to clean all my intentions
Baptizing streams
I swim in the freedom of redemption
Floating on the sea of purity
Knowing I can dive in the love that rescues me

Memories are raging high
Floods so deep they touch the sky
All the things I've done to You
All the parts of life untrue
Healing comes from outstretched hands
Saving me from what I am
Carry me
*PS- If you buy this song off of itunes be sure to get the version on the "Thomas Kinkade: Music of Light" CD. I like it a lot better than the one on her CD and it is the same version used in the video "Small & Simple Things" made by the San Jose Mission.

4 comments:

Salt H2O said...

Loved the blessings talk. It was powerful.

I'm not big on church music outside of hymns, but I'm going to have to head to i-tunes and give this a listen.

f*bomb. said...

You did NOT just suggest "Thomas Kincade- Painter of Light."
I think I just pee'd my pants a little.

cropstar said...

I know. I know. Oh the shame!
I was kind of hoping no one would notice that. Why do you think I used the smallest type possible.
But at least I didn't post a kinkade painting. right? right?

Javi said...

I've been looking for who sings this song ever since the missionaries showed me the video. Thanks...