26 November 2007

each life that touches ours for good...

They say you can judge a person by their friends. If that's true then I am amazing. The Lord's hand has constantly been at work in my life creating for me a network of amazing friends, some lifelong, some recent.

While I was at home for Thanksgiving I got to spend some time with 2 of my best friends, their husbands and kids. It was a pleasure that I know will be repeated in the years to come because those friendships will never be taken for granted. Now, that I'm back home I'm looking forward to spending time with my day-to-day friends, most of whom I've only known for a few months. And no matter the time of day or where I am in the world I can create and cultivate friendships with those I've never seen face to face.

While some are lasting and some are temporary, I've always counted myself blessed to have great friends in my life. I've often thought that if I had one wish for this world it wouldn't be the cliche wish for world peace. It would be that every single person have a friend. Because no joy and no sorrow is complete without a friend to multiply or divide it. So, here's cheers to you, dear friends!


"It is one of the blessings of old friends
that you can afford to be stupid with them"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is not so much our friends' help that
helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us"
Epicurus

1 comment:

nathalia said...

I'm not sure if you were thinking of ME when you wrote this ;) but your post certainly made me think of how much I love and appreciate you, chere amie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!