18 March 2008

Redrock

Saturday I went up to Redrock with Merideth, Kim, Kathleen and Brent (thanks Mer for organizing!) It was a gorgeous day, perfect for hiking. I love going up to Redrock. It's right up the street from my house, lit'rally. It only takes about 5 minutes to get there. We decided to hike Ice Box Canyon because I've been meaning to do it ever since I moved to Vegas. It was such a fun hike. Lots of bouldering and jumping and scrambling. It was great.

At the top of the hike is a really cool waterfall. It was a little waterfall but we get excited about any sort of water here in Vegas. There were also lots of rock climbers. Red Rock is well known for climbing I guess. You can find them everywhere up there. Anyway, it was a really good day.




2 comments:

Mer Swift said...

Next time I won't be such a wimp and will get up to the top. Wait. Was that the top we went to? Could you have gone further?

Wonderful hike. Peaceful, serene pictures, Christy. Let's do it again.

C and C Young said...

I miss Redrock so much. They have the prettiest hiking areas! I bet the weather right now is beautiful--so jealous.