09 October 2008

weeks 8.5, 9, 10.2

Wow, it's been a while since I've done a running post... must be indicative of how much running has NOT been happening here. So, yeah. I took a vacation from running right when I should have been intensely training for SGM then consequently dropped out of SGM. That sucked but it was really the only thing to do. I was just feeling super burned out. But, I'm feeling the fire to run again!

So, 2ish weeks ago I jumped back on the running bandwagon in order to train for the Las Vegas Marathon. I'm still wondering if I really want to do a full marathon but I'm training for it nonetheless. I'm currently in the midst of week 10 of training... which means 8 more weeks until the race! Woot!

Rewind to Week 8 long run- Don't you wish you could run on the boardwalk along the beach everyday? I sure do! I was supposed to do a 13miler but it turned into a 10.5miles because of time constraints (ya see... I woke up too late because, man it looked cold and dark outside!). Great run though. I don't usually see a lot of fellow runners out on the streets of Vegas so it was fun to be amongst the running/biking/rollerblading. Plus, hello! The ocean! Gorgeous. The after run meal was the best part... Taco Bell. Call me crazy but I love Taco Bell. I was sitting on the beach eating my food thinking "This... This is why I run."

Week 9 aside from the long run was kind of a bust. I missed my 3miler on Tuesday because of the blood donation. Wednesday I set out for a 7miler but after 2miles out I headed back. I was absolutely fatigued and could tell I was at the point of getting light headed. I guess my body was more concerned with making more blood than fueling my run. So, that turned into 4miles. Thursday's 4miler didn't happen because I had to hang out with my babylove and then go country dancing (I know, priorities). But Saturday's long run was great! I did a 10mile out and back and felt really great the whole time. OK, that's totally a lie. The first 2 miles about did me in. But as soon as I hit the 2 mile mark I settled into things and just ran. I totally got a runners high at mile 5. "Demons" by Macy Gray was playing (I didn't even know I owned that song*) and the lyrics were crazy inspiring- "All of your demons will wither away; Ecstasy comes and they cannot stay." It was just like everything combined to make a perfect running moment. I just felt great when I got home... albeit STARVING! I had to celebrate with the gals and some Thai food. Man, did that hit the spot!

Week 10- Well, we're only half way through. 3miles on Tuesday did not happen because I spent the majority of the day curled up in fetal position on my bed. I set out last night to do a 7mile run and again... just great. I ran the same out and back I did on Saturday only I turned around sooner (yay). It's surprising to me how not long 7 miles feels anymore.

So, the only problem I've had in the last 2 weeks is a nasty spot on the back of my ankle that is completely rubbed raw from my shoes. I hate my shoes. They've been horrible yet I've put up with them for the last 4 months. Why? No clue. Oh yeah, they've also given me tons of blisters. This is the first pair of shoes I've been really unhappy with. But, tonight I'm heading over to Fleet Feet to pick up a new pair of shoes. Yay!

*I just realized that I have that song because it's on the Fat Boy Slim CD. Now it makes sense.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awesome. I am working on doing a 10k. I know, sounds wimpy to you miss "7 miles doesn't feel very far" but I haven't ever run that far!