27 October 2008

Who's the best? I'm the best! Booyah!

Ack! I'm so behind on blogging! I have so much to tell you about!!

But, most importantly, I need to tell you how awesome I am. Seriously people. Awesome.

Remember how I told you I wanted to be better than everyone else in my photography class? Well, guess what. I AM!! They like me! They really like me! (And yes... I do feel total validation from external sources... I mean, why the hell do you think I have a blog in the first place?)

After the critiques of our 5-in-1 assignment in class tonight our instructor asked who did the best overall. I was the only one who didn't vote for me. I mean... I really wanted to vote for myself (and in my heart I did) but I didn't want to look like a complete douche (or whatever the female equivalent of a douche is).

I'm pretty sure the only reason everyone didn't vote for me on our composition assignment was because they didn't want me to win unanimously again (jerks)... but I know they all wanted to vote for me. (kidding... kind of). I still got voted best though. So, I got extra credit on both my assignments. Woot!

I already showed you my 5-in-1's (which were described by my instructor as "killer shots") so today you get to see my compositional photos. Enjoy. And please... leave me some feedback. I'd love to hear what you think (even if you think my photos are crap, let me know so that I can improve).

Cheers y'all!

1. Lines & Shapes
2. Framing
3. Simplicity
4. Asymmetrical Balance
5. Symmetrical Balance
6. Rule of Thirds

11 comments:

nathalia said...

LOVE the firstt four! I'd vote for you.

Smart Helm said...

u got my vote (gonna run for office anytime soon?).. I like the 1st, 3rd, and last. I would hang them on my wall.... if the last picture was of me :-)

Kristina P. said...

These are beautiful! I LOVE that last picture.

You ARE amazing!

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

Crap all crap. Jeez get over yourself already!

:)

Mer Swift said...

They are all beautiful! You are making me want to buy a new camera and (maybe) take a class ... I might lack some motivation to take a class though ... at least at the moment.

the author said...

They are beautiful. My fav is the duck.

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

...Congratulations!!!... You're a LEGEND in your own mind!!!... scary!!!... But back to ME, ME, ME... I just bought a new coolpix little camera...soooo cute... and the absolute BEST deal was at COSTCO!!!! by far...and in the color I wanted!!! YAY 4 ME!!!...

The Black Widow said...

You are the best and smartest and most beautiful and most humble photographer I know! The pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

I was just stalking you and decided to leave a comment. Your pictures are beautiful. I like the Palm tree and the last one the best... You are very talented!

Reagan said...

You get my vote! What kind of camera do you have? I am in the market. I need a major upgrade. loves.

Anonymous said...

Cropper, those are amazing pics! Maybe you should consider a new profession :)

~Carla~