30 September 2008

in the interim...

hey party people! i know you all come here for updates about me, me, me... so lest i keep you waiting too long here's a random post full of random things to keep you entertained until i post about my amazing sytycd weekend wherein I may or may not (may) have taken 400+ photos (300 of them at the show). just know this- i held a shark. a real shark.

randoms:

-you know when sometimes you comment on someone's blog post and you have to do a word verification? i can never, ever get it right the first time. never. it makes me crazy.

-it's pumpkin season again. is anyone else as excited as i am about this? pumpkin!

-sometimes when i see people listening to or talking about Brandi Carlile i instantly think they're referring to Belinda Carlisle and i get really confused that she's still so popular, even without them go-go's.

-getting rejected to donate blood is one of the worst things you can do to my ego. i was turned away last week because my pulse was too. slow. seriously. also, the worst part about donating blood is getting my blood pressure taken. it just hurts! so, not only was i not able to give blood last week, i got my finger pricked and had my blood pressure taken twice so they could make sure they got an accurate pulse and blood pressure reading. but seriously. too slow! it was only 46 bpm and the acceptable range is 50-100. i told them i could go run around the building really quickly but they didn't fall for that. i like to think i have an amazingly efficient heart and that i am really calm but maybe it was proof that i am just a heartless bitch. anyway... i'm heading to the blood bank again tonight to try again. wish me luck! (ps- good news. i just checked my pulse and it's currently at a dizzying 51bpm... i think i can keep this up until my appt).

-oh yeah. i almost forgot to tell you that i pulled out of the st george marathon. i just couldn't find a good reason to run that far sans training. i kept reading blogs and articles about the importance of muscle memory (the reason for the long runs) and it freaked me out. that was the final straw. so, in lieu of sgm (which i'll aim for again next year) i'm on track training for the las vegas marathon on dec 8th. you should probably come cheer me on.

ps- we're 10 posts away from the 300th post on this blog. maybe we should have a party. or a give away.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Word verfications make me angry.

And I LOVE pumpkin stuff. I'm so excited! Probably too excited.

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

Question #1 why were their sharks at SYTYCD????

Question #2 Who the hell is Brandi Carlile. Of course I know Belinda!!! But Brandi? Never heard of her.

...Word Verification... I think that it's just there as an annoyance...some mean trick perpetrated by a lonely and spiteful computer geek... no matter what you put in the first time it tells you that you were wrong!!!...

...the LOW blood presser-- So THAT explains it!!! It all makes sense now!!!

...p.s...I'm coming to Vegas when you run...so keep my room available to ME and ME alone!!! Not that I am going to get out of bed to cheer you on... but I'll still come to Vegas so we can play after that!!!...

Mucky-Muck Maren said...

I second the idea of you being a heartless beee... :)

melissa said...

Me too! Me too!! I held the shark too...or maybe I should say i dangled it from it's tail, while you held it much more eloquently. I am a wuss. I seriously can't wait to see the pics though - for the whole weekend, actually, since none of the rest of us took any. So hurry up!! ;)