13 February 2008

an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth

Can I just tell you how bad my life sucks?? OK, it doesn't really suck at all. I just thought I'd be dramatic for a moment. My life is actually pretty awesome.

You know what does suck though? Going to the dentist. I HATE it more than anything in the whole world! Confession: I went yesterday for the first time in 6 year. Yes. Six. Years. That's how bad I hate going. I realize that if I were going for my checkups every 6 months then going wouldn't be so bad. I get it. I just hate it. So I put it off. Yesterdays trip was out of shear necessity as I hadn't been able to chew on my right side or drink anything cold with out excruciating (dramatic exaggeration) pain for several days. So guess who got a root canal yesterday! ME! It was awful! I wouldn't even mind the procedure that much (ok, yes I would) if only my jaw didn't have to be cranked open for that long. Killer! I really impressed Dr D. Apparently I have 2 distal canals AND very long, skinny roots. I think that's the first time the word "skinny" has ever been used in reference to me.
But Dr H and Dr D took good care of me. Dr H is my best friend's dad (and pretty much my Vegas dad) and Dr D is her cousin so I think I got some extra special care. I'm all for preferential treatment. Good news is that I get to go back next week for a full exam (and a few fillings I'm sure) and a crown! Blerg! I should probably start brushing my teeth... It's a thought.

One doctors appointment just wasn't enough for one day. I also got my eyes checked and I'm glad to say that after 6 years they haven't gotten much worse. And I didn't have to have my eye lids cranked open and my eye drilled for an hour which was a huge bonus. So, now I'm on the search for awesome new frames. Good times!

Maybe I should have gotten my ears checked as well.

Who wants soup?

PS- I'm planning another trip to Europe which I'm WAY excited about. So if anyone has any suggestions...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ugh. I hate the dentist for the same reason. A dentist once told me that I should floss the teeth I wanted to keep. Not that it makes your situation better. But now I floss more. And I get fewer cavities.

Lucky you going to Europe!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion about the Europe trip!!!! Take me!!!....Where are you going btw???Tru

Unknown said...

I've been to 33 countries, mind you, so I'd love to give suggestions. Where exactly are you going? How long? I have tons of Europe ideas and books and insiders tricks and possibly people you could meet up with for a "local tour" while you're there. I need more details. I can even set you up on a couple of dates while you're there, IF you're in the right country. Why not have a quick summer romance?

Erinn said...

Oh!! I feel your pain!!! I hadnt gone in a couple of years and then BAM when I got to reno I had two cavities and a root canal and they re-did an old cavity, they all knew me by name after that point... lol...