27 February 2008

remind me why i love running

by the way, did i tell you about my 10 mile run on saturday that made me want to quit running forever and how the first 4 miles were all uphill and that i missed a turn and went 1/2 a mile too far (up hill of course) and that i would have quit running after 5 miles but i was still 5 miles away from home and that i didn't have enough in me to fuel my body for 10 miles and that i almost passed out twice after i got home and that i got a blister? did i? did i tell you that?

and did i tell you how i had a bad dream about running a 5k in a mall where there was some chick that was trying to stop me from running and i was shooting staples at her with a staple gun and had to actually staple her shoulder so she would let me pass then how i could not for the life of me make my legs move to get up the stairs and how there was tons of other craziness that happened that i can't even remember now but i know it was awful and that this wasn't my first bad dream about running? did i? did i tell you that?

and did i tell you that i haven't had any time to go running since saturday even though i need to run for my physical and mental health and that i'm exhausted just thinking about how much crap i have to get done and how i have absolutely no time to do it and feel totally overwhelmed with everything to the point that i feel paralyzed about even starting anything on my to-do list? did i? did i tell you that?

but did i also tell you that i only have 9 more days until i leave for moab and i can't even wait and it's going to be so fun and amazing and that just thinking about finishing a half marathon makes me a little bit emotional and also excited that i'll be able to cross one more thing of my 30 for 30 list and also that i'm super excited? did i? did i tell you that?

and did i tell you that i registered our Wasatch Back team (Heaven or Hell) and already it is shaping up to be awesome and i am totally pumped up for the race? did i? did i tell you that?

2 comments:

chloe said...

Did I tell you that I love you? Did I tell you that I am going to die next weekend? Did I tell you that I am so super-excited for Wasatch Back? Did I?

melissa said...

No...as a matter of fact you did not tell me that, but I'm glad you did. P.s. I love your crazy dream, and I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who has them. Although....I don't think I've ever stapled anyone....