05 February 2008

sunny california nothing!

The weekend was fantastic. I got to spend saturday with one of my best friends and her two kids, thing 1 and thing 2. As much as I want to get married and have kids sometimes I can't help but think how awesome my life is right now. I mean... I get to take long, hot showers whenever I want. I don't have to tell anyone where I'm going or what I'm buying. It's serious freedom and I'm enjoying every minute of it while it lasts.

Anyway... Sunday morning my sis and I took our bikes down to Huntington for the race. Guess what. Totally. Pouring. Rain. I think that was God's subtle way of telling me I should have been at church rather than participating in the race. But, whatevs. Despite the rain and the wind it was fun. But I sure was glad I wasn't attempting the marathon because 45 mins out in the rain was more than enough for me.

Official time: 31:05

BLERG! I blame not hitting my 30min goal on the cold rain. I should be seriously happy about this time since the last time I ran an official 5k (july '06) I finished in 37mins and I am happy... just not as happy as I would be if it were a minute faster.

Freezing before the race:

Soaking wet and sporting my finishing medal:

PS- ohmigosh... I had an awful dream last night that I got to the Wasatch Back Relay and realized that I'd forgotten to tell half of my team about it. So I only had half a team there and after two legs we realized that the other van didn't even show up and everyone but me wanted to give up so, with no team, I had no choice but to abandon the relay. It was heartbreaking! It's gotta mean something but I'm not sure I want to know what...

3 comments:

chloe said...

Hey...way to go on the time, even had there not been "weather".

When do we need to register for Wasatch Back?

Breelzebub said...

My roomies ran it. I slept in. Suckers...

melissa said...

yay!! congrats on your race time! i know it's not what you wanted, but it seriously is great and if it were raining i wouldn't have even run, so kudos for that too! i'm so proud of my little runner. ;)