03 January 2008

30 for 30

After lots of fretting about turning 30 it finally happened. Not so shockingly, I don't feel different than I did yesterday. 30 is just a number right? No need to worry.
Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out the obvious and such is the case with turning 30. It didn't occur to me until yesterday that, not only would my life not end, but that I can make this year anything I want it to be. I have the power to make it great. So... it's gonna be great.

I hear by present you with the 30 things I'm going to do this year to make my 30th year fantastic!

30 for 30
  • run a half marathon
  • take a continuing education class
  • read "The Count of Monte Cristo" (unabridged version)
  • stay out all night
  • write a short story
  • karaoke in a crowded bar
  • attend an mlb playoff game
  • use a fake name/story
  • road trip to nowhere
  • play in the rain
  • make a budget and at least try to stick to it
  • kiss someone in a crazy location
  • attend church services of a different religion
  • cook with homegrown herbs
  • go skinny dipping
  • confess to a crush
  • have a spa day
  • make a rad bleach pen shirt
  • hike havasupai
  • go one month without tv
  • swing on a rope swing
  • take photos in a photo booth
  • go to a drive in movie
  • read the Book of Mormon in french
  • get a stamp in my passport
  • buy a digital SLR camera
  • ride a horse
  • transition to a family ward gracefully
  • lose 20lbs
  • get married

6 comments:

davken said...

Entering the 30's is not as bad as usually people thinks.

So happy birthday and good luck with your list of things to do this year (hope you got time to do everything!)

ps: he encontrado tu blog por casualidad

nathalia said...

1. You won't be able to put down the Count of Monte Cristo once you start it- it's amazing.

2. I'm shocked, just shocked, that you've not been skinny dipping before.

3. I know you'll get through Le Livre de Mormon because I've seen you do it before.

4. Happy Year!

TUG said...

Maybe skinny dipping will help you get married . . . or vice versa!

chloe said...

Okay...so I need to make my 30 list. But I wanted to say, I want to join you for Havasupai if at all possible. And I'll probably be in Vegas for a couple weeks this summer, so I'm in for a spa day and the karaoke bar (if you want some extra company).

I have Monte Cristo, unabridged, in French...just sitting on my shelf. Ha ha ha!

I join in the shock of you not having skinny dipped. It's fun...weird...but fun.

Don't listen to ThomCarter. If skinny dipping does help, you probably shouldn't marry the guy! Ha ha ha!

cropstar said...

wait wait wait... who said i've never been skinny dipping before? i've been skinny dipping. i've been skinny dipping big time!
it's just that it's been a long while since i've done it and i need to do it again.

nathalia said...

However, don't discount Thomcarter's "or vice versa!" Because if you do find and marry man who then *increases* your skinny dipping rate, you know you've found a fun guy who won't let eternal marriage be boring!