14 January 2008

2 down 28 to go

KARAOKE- Check!

Friday night I decided it was time to start marking things off the '30 for 30' list and since nothing else was going on I got some friends together for dinner and a show. By chance we ended up having a girls dinner at Mantra Masala (again... indian food two nights in a row is so, so fantastic) then a bunch of us met down at Aloha Kitchen for some mad karaoke. It was amazing.

I decided it would only be appropriate to sing a song I hate so much that I kind of love. Remember this post? That's right friends. I rocked "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and it was hot. Want to know why I love drunk guys at bars so much? Because they make me feel so good! Seriously, I had a table of them swooning. Anyway... tons of fun.

SLR- Check!

My 30th birthday present to my self was a Nikon D40x SLR camera. I finally bought it on saturday and I'm pretty much in love. Sunday I took a drive up to Red Rock to start learning the ins and outs of the camera (and since I have no idea about f-stop and aperature, etc, I have a lot of learning to do!) and enjoy the beautiful scenery that is so close to home. I got out a little later than I'd hoped so didn't get in as many shots as I'd liked. I'd planned on going into the actual park but ended up shooting around at Calico Basin and at the Horse Ranch. So fun.

This week I'm going to set up a faux photo studio at my house and force some of my friends to be my posers. Also, I'm planning a trip to the Neon Boneyard if anyone wants to join me. I think there will be some awesome potential for some wall art for my house.

*I'll post some of my Red Rock photos this evening.

2 comments:

chloe said...

Yay for the SLR!!! I'm so excited for you!

TUG said...

Where is the video of you singing!!!