16 January 2008

I'm exhausted.

The thought of having to go to the gym tonight and run 4 miles is making my want to throw a major trantrum then collapse into a deep sleep for the next 3 days. My thoughts are battling each other for the title of "best excuse not to run". It feels exactly like this:



I know I'm going to just have to do it. I already made my decision to do it when I signed up for the 1/2. I just have to do it. But, by hell if I'm not going to complain every step of the way tonight. I felt like I was finally in my training groove until this morning. Right now I'm trying to bury that voice that keeps telling me to give up. I'd better throw on a few extra shovels of dirt for good measure.

This cloud of negativity today isn't just raining bad thoughts about running (it's just the easiest to open up about and explain). It's soaking every area of my life. Mostly I just feel like life will never, ever slow down. Every night of the week I have things scheduled. And the weekends aren't any less busy. It's wearing me out. Granted, I'd rather be too busy than too bored. But, still. I'm tired. And to make it worse, I'm freezing. That never helps.

OK, rant over. About 5 minutes ago I figured out why this cloud chose today to share it's gloom. It makes total sense. You know how when you decide to do something that the adversary doesn't like he kind of goes crazy? Oh, he's a sly one. See, I'm planning on going to the temple tonight and he's playing a mental game with me to get me to bag it. Which makes me wanna say "EFF YOU SATAN!" *Can I say that?

3 comments:

chloe said...

He beat me last night...well, Satan and my NYU application. But tonight, I will prevail. 16 miles this week. If I have to do it in three days, so be it.

Anne said...

I've felt the exact same way about running lately. I had to convince myself that because I was dreading so badly it would turn out to be one of my best runs yet. It wasn't. Actually it pretty much sucked...but it did get me to the gym.

Hang in there!

Erinn said...

LOVE the video... im posting it everywhere!!

I will be participating in a sprint triathlon in April, you have already ran more than enough to race with us. You would probably be faster than us... lol...

do it! you know you want to be able to say that you are a tri-athlete!!