27 May 2007

Howdy from Happy Valley

So maybe my parents don't hate me afterall. Upon hearing my plans to come home for the weekend they decided to take a quick day trip in order to be back in Orem by the time I got into town. Aww! So nice.

Mel and I made the trek north last night. By the time we got here it was late... but not too late to break out the high school year books and take another trek. This time, down memory lane. Mel and I are proud alumni of Mountain View High School (and rest assured we'll sing you the fight song at the drop of a hat... our friends in Vegas hate it when we do this). We were a year apart in school, had many of the same acquaintances but never knew each other. No, we had to move 375 miles south and wait 10 years before we would become friends. Great friends. Same story goes for Kara. Strange isn't it?

I realized that even though I had perfect skin at that tender age... that's about all I had going for me. Bad hair, bad eyebrows, bad clothes. But, that's what high school is all about right? Being awkward. I loved high school. I had so much fun. But, I'd never, ever want to go back and do it all again.

This morning was pretty fantastic. I slept it. Mom made waffles, bacon and sausage. Then I spent the next few hours out in the yard with my folks. Mom is an amazing gardener. Our yard is my Eden. The weather was perfect, the company lovely and I only fell out of the hamock once. Sometimes I just want to move home and feel spoiled like this everyday...

I saw Pirates3 tonight. Overall, I liked it but I'm going to have to go back and see it again just to be able to understand it all.

One last thing- My new favorite blog site is http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ where you are given a word or topic every saturday night and then you can post your writings on sunday. I love, LOVE this idea! I'm excited to take up the challenge (though I may never post my writings) so that I can improve my writing. Very cool.

No comments: