18 May 2007

on track...

2.5 miles yesterday (.2 of which I had to walk) at an embarassingly slow time... but guess what.
I'm so proud of myself!
It's been quite a while since I've run that far so I was nervous about undertaking that distance but I just kept telling myself that I could do it. And wouldn't you know it... I did!
2.5 isn't far especially considering how far a lot of y'all run and how far I want to be able to run but as I was on the track I tried to keep in mind that running a slow 2.5 was way better than watching tv or surfing the internet or eating... Good job me.

ps- I'm heading to LA tonight with Lis & Mel and I'm pretty dang excited about it. We're gonna hang out on 3rd street, sleep in, sit on the beach, attend the Dodgers vs Angels game (go Dodgers!), go shopping, maybe go to the Getty. It's the Summer of Fun!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Nice work. It took me forever to be able to run 2.5 miles, and even now I have to stop and rest...a lot.

Have so much fun in LA this weekend. I'm off to NYC myself. Tis the weekend for travels I guess.

Zach said...

You might want to check out the forums at runnersworld.com. They have a great beginners forum that I post on a lot. You may like it. :)

f*bomb. said...

um...okay.
That's more than I've done in like the last 3 weeks. In my defense, there is A LOT of bad tv to catch up on!

I just signed up for my first marathon (aside from the Golf and Root Beer 5K where they provided motercyles and van rides for the uphill parts)- it's The Corona Del Mar 5K- pretty views and it ends with a scrumpdiddlyuptious gourmet breakfast from various local gems. So I'm totally in.

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1415183