03 May 2007

Catching up (dawg)

OK! So... Lots been going on the last few months and I've been postponing rather than posting until after the big 'ol exam. I have to confess that I'm proud of myself for being so discipled in studying for the exam especially since I generally have a 30 second attention span. I'm happy... no, ecstatic!... to report that all the studying paid off big time. I was totally prepared for that exam and you know what? I kicked it's ass! Yeah, I said it! It's amazing what preparation will do for you. The whole "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" thing- it's true. Amen. Going into the exam on friday morning I was almost excited about it. In a "bring it on!" sort of way. The morning section wasn't bad. During the lunch break I went to my car, ate my lunch and watched an episode of the office on my ipod. The afternoon looked a little hairy at first glance but once I started working the problems I actually got answers to almost all of them! So... 8 full hours of testing and 80 multiple choice questions later I walked out of the exam site with full confidence that I passed and some serious aching shoulders from leaning over my books for 8 hours. Come mid-July you should look for a post reporting that I totally passed and will be a full fledged licenced engineer in the state of Nevada. Woot! A huge weight has been taken off my shoulders.

During my months of studying I was sure not to get too crazy and pass up some opportunities to have some fun. So I give you a brief synopsis of the month of april... with photos.

Miss Spence and I went to a free "Big & Rich" concert on Fremont Street. Awesome. And it wasn't just B&R... it was Cowboy Troy, 2 foot Fred and 'Lil Jon. Yep... 'Lil Jon. So random and so great.
Easter was not without the annual Egg Rolling contest. This year was a little more hectic than last year... mostly due to the high volume of hooligans participating. Brett came out the winner.

But this was probably my favorite moment of the evening. That's what she said...

I found out what happens when you leave a can of Coke in your car in the early summer heat of Vegas. Explosion. And Coke everywhere.

I went to the rodeo then saw my boyfriend Blake at the fair. So. In. Love. I would have taken a billion more photos of him since I was on the FIFTH ROW! But the battery in my camera died. Dammit.

I went to Miss Spence's Poly Club performance at Palo Verde. I taught some of the girls a Samoan dance and considering the amount of time I spent working with them I was totally impressed. All the kids did a great job.

Mel had a birthday. She's finally 28!... or something like that. Here's the birthday girl with Grammar. He's my new favorite.

Lis and Willis were there. Willis secretly wishes that every blog post I write is about him.

Tif and I were there too. She's my favorite person to go to concerts with... even though I've only been to one show with her. PWT rules!

The day after the exam Kara and I celebrated by taking a day trip to San Diego. Cheap flights. Love them. And I have to tell you it's SO liberating to fly with ONLY a purse. We got to do everything we wanted to while we were there. Perfect planning- amazing breakfast at Bread & Cie, the beach at Torrey Pines, shopping at Solana Beach (Solo!), strolling the board walk at Pacific Beach, AMAZING dinner at Parkhouse Eatery. This trip was definitely marked by the memorable eating experiences. I honestly didn't know food could taste that good. I was also quite taken by the rocks and sand at Torrey Pines. This is my favorite photo from the trip.


So I can't complain one bit about april. It was pretty great.

2 comments:

David said...

who is that mel lady? i think we served our missions together

melissa said...

I'm on your blog page!!!! How did I not know YOU had a page?! We are truly slackers! dude, love the blog, love your face, we really must play soon. belly dancing class?! we need to find one during the week.