25 May 2007

SYTYCD week 1

Here's the roundup for week one:

I love this show. Somewhere in my dreams I still believe I'm going to grow up to be a dancer. While I was watching my roommate kept trying to talk to me and tell me stories but I was so into the show that I couldn't even look at her or respond. I feel bad but I think it was a good lesson in how she should not distract me from this show in the future.

So, I remember who the most annoying judge is- Mary Murphy! Most annoying voice and laugh. Oh man! That woman drives me crazy. But I respect her judging skills. I just wish she wouldn't talk or laugh or scream.

Right off the bat I'm liking the Russian girl and the dance teacher & her student.
Craziest couple of the night had to be the guy from midtown Manhattan who was dancing with his ex-girlfriend. They were great. So crazy.
Speaking of crazy, I also remember why I don't like the tryout episodes of this show. I love watching the crazies but I just feel so bad for them. They are so delusional and too many people in their lives have lied to them and told them that they are good dancers!
And let me tell you a little something about having dreams. It's great to work towards your dreams. Really. Give it all you've got! But there are some things in life that demand God given talent. You've got to know your limits. And if all you've got is passion for your dream then please do not be upset when people tell you that reaching your dream is not within the realm of reality. These people are not trying to be mean. They are trying to save you from future embarrassment. Come back to reality. Please. OK... I'm getting down off my soapbox now.

One last thing. Did you know that Dan Karaty choreographed the dancing in the movie "Music & Lyrics"? Dreadful show, yes. But, the dancing- especially in the POP! video- was awesome. And by awesome I mean hilarious.

3 comments:

chelle. said...

you don't know me.
i'm a blog stalker.
i'm not creepy or anything like that, though.

anyway, ditto about mary murphy.

my friend, adriane, does the best impersonation of her laugh. she needs to just critique the
dancing...no more, no less.

have a fabulous day and don't be surprised if i stalk you some more.

Anne said...

This is seriously the best show ever, but I'm with you, I really don't like the tryout episodes. It's just hard to watch these people who are so delusional defending their obvious non-talent. I would just not watch the tryouts but I love the show so much that I can't wait three or so more weeks to start watching!!

My favorite is the guy who came back to dance swing. He cracked me up and he was oh so entertaining. I'm afraid he's not going to make it past Vegas though.

I didn't know that about Dan Karaty, how awesome. He's my second favorite choreographer behind Shane Sparks. Oh and Wade Robsons pieces last season were SOOOOOOOOO good.

Man this show is the best!

melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I did not know that he choreographed that! I loved that "pop" move. missy and i do it frequently! also, i'm so happy to know that i have a fellow SYTYCD addict in my midst. Megan and i watched it alone last week. My favorites are the same as yours, and i'm not gonna lie...i'm kind of pulling for that kid Taron or whatever who came back and did the swing dancing. I just think he's funny!